Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #8

This is amazing! I learned about Google Reader and created an account. I am linked to the Houston Chronicle's Leon Hale, Dwight Silvermans Techno News, and others. It will keep me informed of the latest technology and up to minute news stories. I fear it will take up time reading information from these instead of doing other things I need to do. I hope to incorporate some of the information into my curriculum. At least I will not be so "clueless" about important events and changes in my world. It will all be at a click of the mouse. Librarians could link to state and national organizations that determine the latest changes in library science.

2 comments:

Book Nook Girl said...

Great ideas! I love Leon Hale and need to add him to my Google reader! Google reader can be addicting!

ESLFroggie said...

I was so thrilled to find out about Google Reader too!
It has been addictive, though, and I find myself going back to it constantly! During the summer, it seems like I want to know about everything, but I will need to be more choosey once school starts again!